In my opinion, books are the best accessory.
Something to consider: If you dream about working in a supportive environment with staff who know how to collaborate, students who love to read and enjoy recommendations, a gorgeous library, and impressive technology integration, please consider this: I’m returning to the US and my school is currently advertising to fill my position. Living in Asia has been a fantastic experience. I love all the adventures and experiences that are available here. Additionally, there are an incredible amount of professional development opportunities to enjoy and pretty fantastic authors are excited and willing to visit Asia. I’m excited to post this information. Please consider applying! http://recruit.esf.edu.hk/jobinfo.asp?jid=3003460
|Bradbury School Website: http://www.bradbury.edu.hk/|
|Principal: Ms Sandra Webster|
|Bradbury School is a four form entry school with approximately 720 students.|
Bradbury School is looking for an energetic, child focused librarian to run our vibrant Library. Our extensive and varied collection cater for the learning needs of our 720 students, reinforcing their love of reading, while supporting and extending their research skills. You will need to be a person who enjoys working collaboratively with both students and staff, as well as welcoming into the library our parent helpers. Previous experience working in a child focused setting would be an advantage.
Our Librarian will:
• engage and challenge learners within a supportive, information-rich learning environment
• provide exemplary library and information services
• evaluate student learning and library programs and services to inform professional practice
• create and nurture an information-rich learning environment which supports the needs of the school community
• provide access to information resources through efficient, effective and professionally-managed systems
• foster an environment where learners are encouraged and empowered to read, view, listen and respond for understanding and enjoyment
• collaborate with teachers to plan and implement information literacy and literature programs that result in positive student learning outcomes
• ensure that their programs are responsive to the needs of learners in the school community
• support learning and teaching by providing equitable access to professionally-selected resources
• assist individual learners to develop independence in their learning
• appreciate and teach the appropriate and relevant use of LTs and information resources
• ensure that the library’s policies and procedures implement the school’s mission
• provide exemplary reference and information services to the school community
• strategically plan and budget for improvement in library and information services and programs
• evaluate student learning to provide evidence of progress in information literacy and reading
• have appropriate librarian qualifications and experience
• have a specialist knowledge of information, resources, technology and library management
• be well-informed about information literacy theory and practice
• have a sound understanding of how children and young adults become independent readers
• comprehensively understand the role of learning technologies (LTs) in lifelong learning
• are thoroughly familiar with the information literacy and information needs, skills and interests of learners
• fully understand the need to cater for the social, cultural and developmental backgrounds of learners in program implementation and curriculum resourcing
• have a comprehensive understanding of literacy, literature for children and young adults, curriculum and specific programs in schools
• have a detailed knowledge of how to promote and foster reading
• understand that professionally managed and resourced school libraries are crucial to the achievements of the school community
• Experienced with ALICE Applicants must possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong.
|Closing Date: 30 Apr 2015|
|Please contact Cannes Cheung by 25748249 or firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries only.|
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link. Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click “Job Listing” Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click “Apply & Continue” at the bottom of the page. Applicants must be a permanent Hong Kong resident or possess a valid visa to work in Hong Kong. ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF’s Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
** ESF helped me get a valid visa to work in Hong Kong. It is a bit of an application process but worth the time. I was not experienced with ALICE/OLIVER library system but was able to quickly be trained to use it.