In my opinion, books are the best accessory.
Today’s focus: Top Ten YouTube Channels: Secret Sharing – It is fun to reflect on one thing each week that really catches my attention, entertains me, and is special enough I just have to share it with the world.
Here’s my Whatever Wednesday Randomness:
I was sitting and thinking about how I share my favorite resources (mostly videos) every week… One friend asked me where I find the videos I share each week… Sometimes I’ve prewritten my #WhateverWednesday posts, sometimes my mom or sister have sent me something fascinating, most of the time I find them on Facebook through brilliant friends, like this fantastic video that my friend Erin @aweekoraweekend shared recently: (I couldn’t stop laughing through this episode!)
So, I thought I’d share my favorite YouTube channels that I subscribe to and a favorite video from each:
1. Discovery Channel – I enjoy these animal videos and find them fascinating:
2. The Brain Scoop – Fascinating, love the role models on this channel, talking about learning opportunities!
3. Vlog Brothers – seriously, I do not miss watching any of these videos. I adore watching John Green and Hank Green share about their lives. Sure, John Green is brilliant and I adore his books, read them all, and Hank Green has some other brilliant YouTube channels and pretty wonderful music creations… but I love these videos!
4. Soul Pancake – When I want to feel good about life and smile, I turn on this channel. It never fails to make me smile and provide me with insight into something special:
5. EdGeek Cast – here’s hoping this team doesn’t stop… I really loved watching this inspiring technology conversation that some favorite educators had:
6. ViHart – Want a moment of brilliance? Spend time with ViHart! I’m always amazed how her mind explores life whether through math, art, or other creative purposes…
7. Scholastic Channel – love keeping up with those book trailers and getting the scoop on new releases!
8. Candlewick Press – Did I mention that I appreciate book trailers lately?
9. TED Talks – Yes, I have a lot of videos coming at me every week, I pick and choose what I’m watching, but often, there’s someone fascinating on this channel!
10. The Lizzie Bennet Diaries – Just loved this video series, it is a complete story, I obsessively watched it a summer ago…
Other channels I think are special?
11. Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls – how cool is it that there’s a Q/A moment where you get feedback about life, like what to do if you are considering being a volunteer!
12. Amy Krouse Rosenthal’s Channel – I’ve mentioned a few times before, I adore her creations:
13. Simon’s Cat – Love cats or hate cats, I think these videos are fantastic for all:
14. Penguin Young Readers – Did I mention that I love book trailers?
15. Science Show – fantastic learning opportunities abound:
Embedding disabled, here’s the link I like:
16. Harper Collins Channel – special book trailers again…
17. Convos with my 2-Year Old: I heartily laugh through all these videos… and have had to watch a few more than once… I like how quick and witty these are…
18. StoryCorps – LOVED these before simply listening, now animated, beautiful:
Listening is an act of LOVE:
Ok, ok, I’ll stop there… what are YOUR favorite YouTube channels?
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Thank you again to “Eat the Book” for the Whatever Wednesday meme: http://mretome.wordpress.com David Etkin’s words: “Whatever Wednesday — a chance to post something I’ve seen that I’m diggin’. A cool quote or poster, a picture, student work, a video—you know, Whatever. Enjoy!… and consider posting your own Whatever.”
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following my blog through email updates – (do so to the right of this blog post), my Facebook page, comment, or meet up with me on Twitter. I appreciate all of the support, makes my day! Honored by all the wonderful followers.