Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 36 Junk Boat Special Feature
- We’re going on a junk boat… (Sounds like we’re going on a bear hunt, right? At least in my mind it does and got stuck on repeat for quite a while!)
- One thing that stuck in my mind since the beginning of the year was a friend telling me that if I was invited to go on a junk boat, say yes. No matter what.
- So riding on a junk boat from 7pm-11pm on the night before I have to head to the airport at 5am totally makes sense, right?
- My husband and I have explored Hong Kong together and then in some ways independently. For example, my husband has joined night hike groups, weekly lunch groups, volleyball groups, and tried out windsurfing… I on the other hand, haven’t done any of those things. One of his connections led us to heading down to the Hong Kong Harbour and hopping on a junk.
- Now, for my consistent readers, you know how I feel about being on the water, whether in a canoe, kayak, cruise boat, etc… not my cup of tea, but I couldn’t skip this experience, especially with the amazing dinner menu that my husband tempted me with…
- Here’s what happened…
- 1. We rode the MTR to Central and walked 3 blocks over to the public pier.
- 2. We wandered around for a little bit looking for our connection to the junk trip.
- 3. Found person, met others, sociable crowd…
- 4. Waved over junk boat.
- 5. Rode out and around Hong Kong, beautiful view, evening time, grew dark.
- 6. I goggled at a huge cruise ship. Seeing it from the water made me realize how large it was.
- 7. 8pm: Stopped at Lamma Island and went to a seafood restaurant, DELICIOUS meal, food just kept coming.
- 8. 10:10pm: closing time, rushed back to the boat and we headed back to Central pier.
- 9. Said our goodbyes and thought about catching a taxi, saw a queue of 40 people and decided to walk 3 blocks back to MTR.
- 10. Back home at 11:45pm- wakeup/departure at 5am. Stuffed and hopefully ready to go to USA for 2 week visit!
Waiting at the pier, excited to know where the Maritime Museum is!
Which one is ours?
Waiting, hoping to find the person we’re going on the junk trip with…
Aha! This is not an old fashioned junk, nice!
waiting our turn.
Nice day for a ride.
Quite choppy waters, slightly scared…
Woah, that is a big cruise ship.
Closer to the ship.
Wow, little boats along side bringing passengers to shore.
We used to wait there for the Lamma Island ferry!!
Shall try the buffet here sometime!
Off the ferry on Lamma Island, a side we never visited before with amazing seafood!
Here we are, heavenly dinner time!
I love these, sometimes I eat them whole except for the tail, other times I pull off the head. Do you eat these?
I’m at my contented stage realizing that I can eat most food served, bliss.
Disappointing but pretty.
Husband happy with his pringle- pick it up with a chopstick, of course!
Pringles with chicken, why not?
Can you see the head? Ech.
Baby lobster, wow. This went REALLY quick.
Typical yummy noodles…
Stir fried sliced garoupa fillet with celery, something new for me, yum.
Squid time, yum.
Dessert of fruit, perfect.
Back on the junk.
Lovely evening view, earth hour was a few hours ago… not now!
I share thoughts 3-5 times per week on books, Hong Kong life, and technology. I also have a Facebook page or meet up with me on Twitter. I appreciate all of the support, makes my day! Honored by all the wonderful followers, thank you very much! Would love if you followed my posts by going to right side of screen and subscribing. Here are past posts on Hong Kong Transitions through the weeks: I bounce between professional and personal reflections.
Week 34: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 34 Windsurfing
Week 33: Styling Librarian Week 33 Hong Kong Update
Week 32: Styling Librarian Week 32 Hong Kong Update
Week 31: Styling Librarian Week 31 Update
Week 30: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 30 Update
Week 29: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 29 Update
Week 28: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 28 Update
Week 27:Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 27 Update
Week 26: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 26 Update
Week 25: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 25 Update
Week 24: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week Update Week 24 The Vietnam Edition
Week 23: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 23
Week 22: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 22
Week 21: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 21
Week 20: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 20
Week 19: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 19
Week 18: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 18
Week 17: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update: Week 17
Week 16: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 16 Update
Week 15: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 15 Update
Week 14: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 14 The Thailand Edition
Week 13: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/10/22/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-13/
Week 12: Hong Kong Transition: Week 12
Week 11: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 11
Week 10: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/10/02/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-10/
Week 9: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/23/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-9/
Week 8: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/17/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-8/
Week 7: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/09/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-7/
Week 6: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/02/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-6/
Week 5: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/26/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-update-week-5/
Week 4: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/19/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-4-update/
Week 3: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/13/styling-librarian-hong-kong-move-update-week-3/
Week 2: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/03/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-positives-and-negatives-week-2-update/
Week 1: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/07/27/styling-librarian-post-about-hong-kong-move/