In my opinion, books are the best accessory.
Thanks to David Etkin for this Thirst Day Meme:
Quote from David: “Today is
Thursday THIRSTday.” http://mretome.wordpress.com
I just loved sharing A Quiet Place by Sarah Stewart, illustrated by David Small with my students last week. I specifically shared the book with my Year 3 students who identified with the book in numerous ways:
1. Materials Inquiry project- making connection to the materials the main character used to create her quiet place.
2. Moving to a new place- almost every student in the classes connected with this.
3. Learning a new language with a little difficulty. – Beautiful experience with this.
4. Missing family who live far away… so touching.
5. Historical fiction- they loved that they were “jumping” back in time with this book.
Highly recommend jumping into this gorgeous book.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following my blog through email updates – (do so to the right of this blog post), my Facebook page, comment, or meet up with me on Twitter. I appreciate all of the support, makes my day! Honored by all the wonderful followers.