Styling Librarian Week 35 School Life, Exhibition, and Flower Expo
- Thought I’d focus on work life and then a load of flowers. It is all about the balance, right?
- So, this week at work included the conclusion of a two month long inquiry project that my Year 6 students have been working on. I’ve enjoyed accommodating research requests, Edmodo chats, in-class support with research and discussions on citation, mentoring a few groups, and watching students’ knowledge and confidence grow in impressive stages. I’ve participated for a few years at my past school in the Exhibition project and always enjoyed the process but appreciated seeing how at my new school Arts and Maths were integrated into the project in a natural way and additionally I really enjoyed being in a classroom accommodating student needs three days each week. Here are a few pictures from the Exhibition:
- Also, I finally finished the library words on the walls project. First my husband was volunteered to put the words up on the glass front entry, but then I also had sets of words to put up in the fiction section and non-fiction section. Once I finally decided where they would go, I was able to get advice from a wonderful teacher in my building, thanks Brigitte! and my wonderful assistant as well, thanks Debra! So here are pictures of the new wall displays- authors and online resources.
- And now on to flowers:
- We enjoyed visiting a flower festival down the block from our apartment. It was called the Hong Kong Flower Show 2013. http://www.lcsd.gov.hk/green/hkfs/2013/en/index.php
- It was quite the experience to be baffled by- overwhelming for the senses. We held back from purchasing any plants ourselves.
Fantasy world, feels like a smurf village.
Do you see her face?
Could have stood there for quite a while.
Shops were on both sides, over 60 of them.
Tulips, gorgeous, nice surprise to see on display.
Got to zoom in on a few flowers.
View over the flower festival! Towering buildings…
Loved this one, foxglove, etc…
You can write what you thought about the festival.
Kiddo write his thoughts.
Nice art exhibit area as well…
Hong Kong sign of flowers.
Loved the flower made of flowers.
Stood and stared…
Mirrors were used in numerous exhibits.
Fun fantasy village area.
Quite impressive to see these seedpods, so large!
Couldn’t stop looking…
And yet another one…
A few displays through companies.
Interesting to see fish…
Felt like a jungle.
Gorgeous mirror exhibits from afar…
Loved zooming in, favorite color for me.
Lavender happiness, wanted to sit next to this area for a while.
Not sure Corrections Department means the same thing as in the US.
Pretty certain it is different.
So many flowers…
Eco garden/green roofs!
More living walls.
Love all the flowers in the living wall.
I share thoughts 3-5 times per week on books, Hong Kong life, and technology. I also have a Facebook page or meet up with me on Twitter. I appreciate all of the support, makes my day! Honored by all the wonderful followers, thank you very much! Would love if you followed my posts by going to right side of screen and subscribing. Here are past posts on Hong Kong Transitions through the weeks: I bounce between professional and personal reflections.
Week 34: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 34 Windsurfing
Week 33: Styling Librarian Week 33 Hong Kong Update
Week 32: Styling Librarian Week 32 Hong Kong Update
Week 31: Styling Librarian Week 31 Update
Week 30: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 30 Update
Week 29: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 29 Update
Week 28: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 28 Update
Week 27:Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 27 Update
Week 26: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 26 Update
Week 25: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week 25 Update
Week 24: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Week Update Week 24 The Vietnam Edition
Week 23: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 23
Week 22: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 22
Week 21: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 21
Week 20: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 20
Week 19: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update Week 19
Week 18: Styling Librarian Hong Kong Update Week 18
Week 17: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Update: Week 17
Week 16: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 16 Update
Week 15: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 15 Update
Week 14: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 14 The Thailand Edition
Week 13: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/10/22/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-13/
Week 12: Hong Kong Transition: Week 12
Week 11: Styling Librarian: Hong Kong Transition: Week 11
Week 10: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/10/02/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-10/
Week 9: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/23/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-9/
Week 8: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/17/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-8/
Week 7: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/09/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-7/
Week 6: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/09/02/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-6/
Week 5: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/26/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-update-week-5/
Week 4: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/19/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-week-4-update/
Week 3: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/13/styling-librarian-hong-kong-move-update-week-3/
Week 2: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/08/03/styling-librarian-hong-kong-transition-positives-and-negatives-week-2-update/
Week 1: http://thestylinglibrarian.com/2012/07/27/styling-librarian-post-about-hong-kong-move/