In my opinion, books are the best accessory.
For today: Illustrator Awe: I appreciate my twitter and Facebook friend David Etkin’s (@davidaetkin ) Whatever Wednesday meme. It is fun to reflect on one thing each week that really catches my attention, entertains me, and is special enough I just have to share it with the world.
Here’s my Whatever Wednesday Randomness:
Thought I’d share those videos that amazed me, created by fantastic illustrators of children’s books. How grateful I am that my son and students are experiencing the power of being able to see someone they admire with the push of a few buttons.
Illustrator videos I adore:
1. Renata Liwska – Ok, so this the most overwhelming, impressive collection of sketches I’ve watched in one sitting. I’ve always been impressed looking in favorite illustrator sketch books!
2. Peter Brown – Creepy Carrots Zone – complete brilliance! Love sharing this book:
3. Jarrett Kroscoczka – paints pig from Punk Farm, which I’ve featured a few times before. I love how Jarrett’s TED talk is putting his talent and brilliance in the spotlight, well deserved!
4. I’m nutty about Authors and Illustrators at Work organized by The Children’s Book Council:
Really loved watching and listening to Oliver Jeffers in How to Draw a Moose:
**Extra added feature added after officially posted. New Oliver Jeffers video, hilarious and fascinating glimpse into life:
5. Reading makes cats jealous – loved this video by Dav Pilkey:
6. Denise Fleming- I never tire of watching her paper pulp process:
7. Ed Emberley – getting to know him, decided to do something that pleased him… I adore sharing “how to draw” books with children:
8. Enjoyed watching The Very Hungry Caterpillar creator Eric Carle present his creative process in this book trailer:
This probably will continue a different week. Love those inspirations!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Thank you again to “Eat the Book” for the Whatever Wednesday meme: http://mretome.wordpress.com David Etkin’s words: “Whatever Wednesday — a chance to post something I’ve seen that I’m diggin’. Though often a cool quote or poster, it might simply be a picture.”
If you enjoyed this post, please consider following my blog through email updates – (do so to the right of this blog post), my Facebook page, comment, or meet up with me on Twitter. I appreciate all of the support, makes my day! Honored by all the wonderful followers.